WESGROVE & COVID-19
Wesgrove & COVID-19 Updates
As information about COVID-19 develops, we will be joining our community to increase awareness and adopt the recommended jobsite practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The following is an update to our procedures and standards moving forward.
- We are currently operating on a voluntary basis, working on the jobsite is at the discretion of each Employee and Subcontractor. If at any time an employee should feel ill, tired, or show any symptoms of sickness they will be asked to go home immediately
- If they believe they have been in contact with an ill family member outside of working hours, they are asked to self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days
- Outside of working hours, our employees are expected to practice social distancing, stay home whenever possible, and follow all other guidelines suggested by our government
- We have also installed hand washing stations on each jobsite along with signage to demonstrate proper hand washing procedures. They are expected to follow these instructions and maintain good hygiene
- Items such as drinks, food, and tools will not be shared amongst team members
- They are asked to refrain from touching their eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands
- All tools and work surfaces to be cleansed twice daily with a bleach and water solution by employees
Social Distancing on the Job Site
Social distancing practices that we have implemented on all Wesgrove jobsites are as follows:
- Subcontractors and trades will be scheduled at different times throughout the day or week to avoid several people on site at one time, especially in smaller homes. When this cannot be accommodated, we maintain a minimum of 6 ft distance between each person in the home.
- Encouraging clients to remove themselves from their home while trades or Wesgrove team members are on site.
- Rescheduling client meetings to a digital-format when possible or remaining social distance for necessary on-site meetings
To Our New and Current Clients
Please be aware that we are addressing COVID-19 by taking preventable measures in keeping our employees and clients safe.
- We are in touch with our subcontractors to learn their updated policies and ensure they remain in compliance with Work Safe BC Standards
- Our Management and Office staff has implemented a quick verbal or written questionnaire prior to meeting with new clients:
o Have you travelled internationally in the past 14 days?
o Are you monitoring any respiratory illness symptoms such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing?
o Are you currently in self-isolation?
We aim to keep our jobsites open and safe for the health of our team, our clients, and our community. By following these guidelines, we are doing our part individually and collectively to keep our community healthy and return to business as usual as soon as possible. If you have any concerns, questions, or comments, please feel free to let us know. We can be reached at 604-209-6641 anytime.
President, Wesgrove Homes Inc.